Forgive my absence. I have been eating...and cooking...just not paying attention to the amounts I'm dumping into the pot:)
This is SUPER duper easy and there are so many combinations you can try. I've done butternut squash and chorizo sausage, but you could do spinach and mushroom (with seasoned beef), kale and bacon...the possibilities are endless.
There's a little prep work the night before, but it's worth it to have a warm breakfast ready when you roll out of bed in the morning.
- 1 lb chorizo sausage (be sure to check your ingredients) [removed from casings if that's how your sausage came]
- 1 small onion
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 small butternut squash
- Ghee/oil for greasing the crockpot
Note: I did not add any seasonings because the chorizo had enough salt/other spices. However, if you tried another combination, you might need a little salt, pepper, etc.
- In a skillet, start to cook the chorizo. Meanwhile, dice the onion.
- Once the fat has begun to render, add the onion, cooking just until the onion is soft (you don't need to finish cooking the sausage - it will finish in the crock pot).
- Whip together eggs and coconut milk.
- Peel, de-seed, and slice/dice/chop your squash.
- Grease the inside of your crock pot (this is to help minimize the sticking).
- Put in your squash, the sausage/onion mixture, and then the egg/milk mixture. Stir and make sure that all of the food is covered by the egg/milk mixture.
- Turn crock pot on low for 8-10 hours (I did 10...and it sat on warm for awhile...still very good).
- Wake up, eat, and enjoy!